Friday, September 14
Directions to Busboys and Poets (5th & K)
1025 5th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
Busboys is a 15 minute walk from the Liaison Capitol Hill Hotel (map)
Parking is available on K St NW and the surrounding streets (map)
The Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro stop serving the Green, Yellow and Red Lines is a 7 minute walk (map)
Saturday, September 15
*We apologize for any inconvenience, and suggest that you make arrangements ahead of time to drive or catch a ride between the Ceremony and Reception sites. While both sites are independently accessible by Metro and only a 7 minute drive apart from each other, there is no direct public transportation route between the two, and hailing a taxi from Wangari Gardens is unlikely.
Directions to Wangari Gardens
414 Kenyon St NW
Washington, DC 20010
From the Liaison Hotel/Union Station (map)
- Head North on N. Capitol Street for about 1.8 miles.
- Turn left onto Channing Pl NW
- Turn right on First St NW
- Continue straight onto Hospital Center Dr (inside the gates of the hospital complex)
- Follow signs for "ADULT EMERGENCY ROOM"
- Take a left at the third stop sign (continue following sings for "ADULT EMERGENCY ROOM").
- The "BLUE GARAGE" (aka "Parking Pavilion I") parking garage will be near the end of the street, on your right, across from the Adult Emergency Room entrance.
Parking is available for $5 to $6 in the Washington Hospital Center Complex across the street from Wangari Gardens. This will be the surest bet on Saturday for our wedding. Follow the signs for "ADULT EMERGENCY ROOM" and park in the "BLUE GARAGE" across from the Adult Emergency Room entrance. Exit the gate just past the garage/emergency room (to the West), cross the street, and you're there!
For those familiar with the Columbia Heights neighborhood, there will also be limited street parking available (for free) in the nearby blocks to the West of Wangari Gardens or First St NW as well. Though you probably know this if you're already familiar with DC, it's always a good reminder to place all valuables in your car out of sight/in the trunk when you do park on the streets. :)
The closest Metro stop is Georgia/Petworth serving the Green and Yellow lines (0.7 miles or a 13 minute walk). Click here for walking directions from the Metro to Wangari Gardens. Please, note that there is no Metro access between Wangari Gardens and St. Francis Hall.
Directions to St. Francis Hall
1340 Quincy St NE
Washington, DC 20017
From the hospital complex parking garage (map)
- Take a left coming out of the parking garage at the hospital complex
- Turn left at the stop sign
- Take a right onto Irving St NW for about 0.5 miles.
- Turn left onto Michigan Ave NE when Irving dead ends for about 0.8 miles
- Turn right onto Quincy St NE
- St. Francis Hall will be on the left as the street dead ends, with the parking lot on the right.
There is a free parking lot for our guests across the street from St. Francis Hall. Street parking is also available.
The closest Metro stop is Brookland/Cua on the Red line (0.6 miles, 13 minute walk). Click here for walking directions from the Metro to St. Francis Hall. Please, note that there is no Metro access between Wangari Gardens and St. Francis Hall.